Terms and Conditions
These terms of business shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties & may only be varied in writing by the authorised representatives of both parties.
1. Guarantee Goods sold by the seller are warranted by the manufacturer and we endeavour to ensure sound materials and workmanship. Should you consider a product defective please notify us immediately. Our warranty procedure will be invoked and subject to the manufacturer accepting liability for the defect we will replace or credit the goods in question. All descriptions specifications and like data given by the seller are to the best of the seller‘s knowledge accurate. However the buyer must form his own judgement as to the suitability of the goods for the buyer‘s purpose.
2. Price Prices quoted in our Webshop are nett. The prices quoted do not include V.A.T. which is payable in addition to the price at the current rate. Prices that are quoted in Euros will be converted at an applicable exchange rate at date of invoice. Price updates (and amendments) are available on request. However please note that orders will be accepted and executed only on the basis of the price ruling at the date of dispatch unless otherwise agreed in writing. We reserve the right to apply price adjustments immediately, without prior notice, to take account of increased supplier‘s costs, exchange rates and other overheads beyond our control. Quotations are valid for 15 days & will only be acted upon on receipt of a written order referring to the quotation number.
3.Warranty The sellers’ warranty term for standard catalogued items is 12 months from the date the goods were received by the buyer. For non-catalogued items (Original Equipment or Special Products) the warranty term shall be, in all eventualities, that of the original manufacturer and the buyer shall in all cases, without exception, be required to request this information prior to purchase. All warranty claims must be submitted within 4 weeks of the date of failure. No claim will be considered after this period.
4.Terms of Payment Accounts are payable by 28th of the month following date of invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing. We will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation charges under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 on all overdue invoices. Invoices awaiting part credit cannot be withheld from payment by the customer. The amount under dispute should be deducted from the total invoice value and the balance paid within our normal payment terms.
5. Delivery Orders will be dispatched as soon as reasonably practicable but may be delivered in instalments. Goods not immediately available will usually follow with one of your next orders. The seller will make all reasonable endeavours to deliver goods on the date specified but does not accept any liability for damage or loss caused to the buyer by failure to do so.
Shipping costs : if order is below carriage free minimum order value Shipments from Peterborough next day £7.90, from Germany next day £12.90 from Germany Standard delivery £7.90. Carriage free minimum order value is £85.00 net
6. Carriage / Risk Carriage charges are set out in the price catalogues. Risk shall pass to the buyer on collection of the goods by the carrier from the seller’s premises or when collected by the buyer personally. Goods accepted unchecked or received in a damaged condition from the carrier should be recorded as such on the carrier’s docket at the time of delivery and, in the case of shortage or damage to the goods, the seller should be notified by telephone or fax within 24 hours of delivery. If not, the carrier’s conditions will apply and no liability for short delivery or damaged goods can be accepted.
1. Returns with a net value of less than £ 20.00 will not be accepted.
Any items marked as hazardous goods will not be accepted.
GRANIT Catalogue items can be returned free of charge within 1 month. For returns older than 1 month, a handling fee of 20% will be applied. For returns older than 3 months, a handling fee of 30% will be applied. Returns older than 6 months will not be accepted. Return times are calculated based from the delivery date of the goods. In the event of a higher number of returns being received from individual customers, we reserve the right to charge an additional handling fee for each return.
2. Special items cannot be returned. Items that cannot be cancelled or returned will be identified as such in the webshop before purchasing.
3. The goods and packaging must be in perfect condition and must not be damaged. If the goods or original packaging is damaged, or if the goods have already been assembled, they cannot be returned. In this case the goods will be sent back to the customer at their expense. Open packaging units will not be accepted.
4. Returns requests must be submitted in advance via the webshop (see II Processing returns in the webshop, below). If goods are returned without first submitting a request they will be sent back to the customer at their expense. If you are unable to submit your returns request via the webshop, do not hesitate to contact the Granit Customer Centre for help to carry out a manual returns request. Manual returns requests are subject to a processing fee of £ 10.00.
5. If the customer sends damaged items back as a standard return, the carrier & GRANIT will not accept any liability and will reject any claims for damage.
In all cases of a customer receiving transport damaged goods, the customer must notify the Granit Customer Centre immediately and either
i. refuse delivery (or)
ii. accept the delivery and sign for as damaged
Transport damage claims can only be processed if they are submitted by 12:00 noon on the day after delivery. Claims relating to Friday shipments can be submitted by 12:00 noon on the next calendar working day.
II. Processing returns in the webshop
1. Select the items to be returned in the webshop.
2. Pack the items in a separate box.
3. Enclose a copy of the returns note in each parcel.
4. Attach an address sticker (which will be sent via email) to each parcel and leave them at the depot.
5. The goods will then be collected by our carrier within a suitable time frame.
8. Property Property of the goods will pass to the buyer only when payment is made in full on this order and any outstanding order. The seller shall be entitled to recover full payment even though property in the goods has not passed from the seller. If the buyer, in the ordinary course of his business, sells on goods prior to full payment to the seller then he does so on his own behalf and as principal, and must hold the proceeds of such sale on trust for the seller in a separate account. In the event of the buyer’s actual, or apparent, bankruptcy or insolvency, the seller may terminate this agreement and, where full payment has not been received, may repossess the goods.
9. Termination This agreement shall terminate and the seller shall be entitled to recover the goods if:.
9.1 at any time payment is overdue on an invoice
9.2 being an individual has a bankruptcy order made against him or compounds with his creditors or comes to any arrangement with them, or being a company goes into liquidation or if an administrator or receiver is appointed in respect of its assets or business of it makes any composition with its creditors
10. Liability Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the seller or his employees, the seller’s liability under this agreement for any direct loss, however it is caused, shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered. The seller shall not incur any liability for consequential loss, e.g. loss of profit or contracts to the buyer. The seller shall not be liable for loss or damage arising from the incorrect use or alteration of the goods.
11. Force Majeure Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of a party.
12. Third Party Rights For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this agreement is not intended to, and does not , give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
13. Jurisdiction The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English law.
I/we confirm we have read and agree to adhere to the above terms & conditions on behalf of our company.
Print Name:……………………………………………………………………… Signature:………………………….……………………………………………… Date:……………………………………………………